«July 2013 IND: Rural Connectivity Investment Program Madhya Pradesh Prepared by Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India for the Asian ...»
1. The proposed multitranche financing facility (MFF) will finance the construction and upgrading of rural roads eligible for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), the Prime Minister’s Rural Roads Program, in the selected states (initially Assam, Odisha, and West Bengal, and any other states meeting the requirements in the Framework Financing Agreement). The criteria for subproject selection, social assessment, and review procedures are provided here.
A. Social Criteria for Subproject Selection
2. Criteria include the following:
B. Social Assessment Requirement
3. After subproject selection (para. 2), the following processes will be undertaken and
documented in specified formats:
4. Planning. This involves the following activities:
(i) Disseminate project information to (a) sensitize the communities on project related issues, and (b) articulate community expectations of the proposed project and the mechanism for beneficiaries’ land contribution.
(ii) Finalize alignment through community planning: (a) transect walk conducted by the PIU, panchayat, and local community; (b) joint on-site inventory, crosschecking, verification of alignment, and transfer of information on revenue maps; (c) Identification and redress of grievances; (d) initiation of the process of
5. Mitigation Measures Matrix. A voluntary land donation system is adopted for the project in recognition of the effectiveness of the system for rural roads development in India.
The project will also ensure that (i) there is full consultation with landowners and any nontitled people on site selection (ii) voluntary donations do not severely affect the living standards of affected people and are directly linked to benefits for the affected people, with community sanctioned measures to replace any losses that are agreed through verbal and written record by affected people; (iii) any voluntary donation will be confirmed through verbal and written record, and verified by an independent third party; and (iv) adequate grievance redress mechanisms are in place.
6. To mitigate the possible adverse impacts of the subprojects, the community participation framework (CPF) lists various types of impact categories and mitigation measures which would apply to sample as well as additional subprojects, based on the specific project impacts.
Vulnerable people affected by the project are defined as (i) households living below the poverty line as per the state poverty line for rural areas; (ii) households who will lose income and move below the poverty line as a result of loss to assets and/or livelihoods; (iii) households losing structure, households headed by women, scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, or the disabled.
A land management committee will be formed by the gram panchayats consisting of all gram panchayat members.
20 Appendix 3
Note : This form will be first Prepared during Transect Walk and further refined during consultation with affected persons/households.
Ownership will be verified during consultation and census survey. Information on ownership will be collected by PRI and Patwari and compiled by PIU.
28 Appendix 5
Note : Distribution of support/assistance is monitored by PRI. This format will be Prepared by PRI and compiled by PIU